So, Lent is here again. I haven’t been that intentional for Lent the last couple of years. I tried in 2019 and didn’t do that great. There have been some stressors that get in the way … or pull on my self-will a bunch.
But, need some of the results from this so putting more things in place to help out.
Give Ups – The Usual Suspects –
- abstain from purchased prepared coffee
- abstain from eating in the car – one except when I’m on a road trip that’s more than an hour long.
- abstain from everything sold in a convenience store except diet soda.
- no eating out alone
- abstain from purchasing anything that lasts more than one year. two exceptions- something I have to buy for the business that can’t wait and things needed for the farm.
The New Give Up –
- Abstain from simple carbs – think sugar, potatoes, rice, grains, etc.
- Add nothing to my coffee – black or nothing.
Take Ons –
- Exercise 30 minutes six days a week.
- “Close the rings” daily.
- Track Food
- Do everything instructed in the Relish Program
- Put one thing into a goodwill box in my closet every day and deliver the box on Easter.
I’m thinking that’s it. Now to do it.